You Be The Chemist® (YBTC) Canada is an initiative supported by RDC (Responsible Distribution Canada). The association is committed to promoting the sustainability of the industry by:
- The respect and constant improvement of the Code of Good Practice of Responsible Distribution. This code focuses on environmental, health and safety, risk management, compliance with laws and regulations, suppliers management and security. The compliance to this Code must be evaluated by an independent third party.
- Promoting Chemistry directly into the classrooms by the You Be the Chemist program (YBTC).
- Engaging with member companies and other stakeholders through a number of specialized committees:
- Financial Reporting Committee
- Health and Safety Committee
- Montreal Chapter
- Operations & Logistics Committee
- Regulatory Affairs Committee
- The Code Committee
- Affiliate Advisory Panel
- Western Chapter
- You Be The Chemist®
- Supporting industry dialogue at the annual and semi-annual conference events.
- Offering a Supply Chain Management Diploma Program and the Chemical Industry Regulatory Professional (CIRP) accreditation to promote greater understanding of the Canadian regulatory landscape amongst member companies.